This product is temporarily unavailable.
Overview & Uses
When it comes to reducing fever or relieving pain in children, TYLENOL® is recommended by pediatricians. Pediatricians have relied on TYLENOL® for more than 50 years.
If your child is under 2 years of age, be sure to ask your doctor for the right dose for your baby.If your child is age 2 or older, he or she may be ready for Children's TYLENOL®. Consult our Children's Dosage Guide for help deciding or ask your pediatrician.
- temporarily reduces fever
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- sore throat
What's more, Infants' TYLENOL® Oral Suspension Liquid can be used in infants who:
- Are allergic to aspirin.
- Have the flu or chicken pox.
Infants’ TYLENOL® is now available in a new formulation. Please look for Infants' TYLENOL® with SimpleMeasure™ dosing system on store shelves. Please click here to find out more about the new formulation, the dosage system, and changes to the dosing of Infants' TYLENOL®.
Under 2 years (Ask a Doctor)
Ages 2-3 years
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed (see overdose warning)
- shake well before using
- mL = milliliter
- find the right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age
- push air out of syringe. Firmly push syringe into the bottle opening
- turn bottle upside down and pull syringe to the correct dose
- dispense liquid slowly into child’s mouth, toward inner cheek
- repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
- replace cap tightly to maintain child resistance
*or as directed by a doctor
Attention: Use only enclosed syringe specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
160 mg in each
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Sore throat warning: if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if your child has liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product, do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- store between 20-25ºC (68-77ºF)
Questions or comments? call 1-877-895-3665 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)