Overview & Uses
When it comes to reducing fevers and relieving pain in children, Children's TYLENOL® is recommended by pediatricians.
Children’s TYLENOL® Oral Suspension Liquid reduces fevers and relieves pain in children ages 2 to 11.
For pain relief--no spoon and no water needed, try Children’s TYLENOL® Meltaways Chewable Tablets
If your child is age 6 or older, he or she may be ready for Jr. TYLENOL® Meltaways Chewable Tablets. Consult our Children's Dosage Guide for help deciding or ask your pediatrician.
- temporarily reduces fever
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- sore throat
For Children ages 2 to 11 years
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed (see overdose warning)
- shake well before using
- mL = milliliter; tsp = teaspoonful
- find the right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age
- remove the child protective cap and squeeze your child’s dose into the dosing cup
- repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
- each 5 mL (1 tsp) contains: sodium 2 mg
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
*or as directed by a doctor
Attention: Use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
160 mg in each
5 mL = 1
160 mg in each
5 mL = 1
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
Sore throat warning: if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
Ask a doctor before use if your child has liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product, do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)Stop use and ask a doctor if
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Questions or comments? call 1-877-895-3665 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)