Is it a Cold or the Flu?
What's the same
Both colds and the flu come from respiratory tract infections in your nose, sinuses and throat.
- Symptoms that build over 48 hours
- Runny nose, watery eyes
- Stuffy nose and congestion
- Sneezing and coughing
- Symptoms may last 3-10 days
- Fast onset of symptoms (especially fever and chills)
- Fever and chills
- Body aches and pains
- Weakness and fatigue
- Symptoms may last 7-14 days and may linger for up to 3 weeks
How to Soothe Yourself
Both colds and the flu need lots of rest, fluids and time to run their course but there are some extra things you can do.
Bye, bye dry
Use a humidifier to keep the air moist and ease throat and nose discomfort.
A soothing sip
Warm liquids like tea and chicken soup can help a sore, scratchy throat.
Keep it clean
Wash your hands to avoid spreading infection.
Take care of your symptoms
Take an over-the-counter medicine such as TYLENOL® Cold & Flu Severe or TYLENOL® Cold Multi-Symptom Nighttime for temporary relief.