Today, more than 600 over-the-counter and prescription medications contain acetaminophen, including TYLENOL®, Nyquil®, Percocet® and Vicodin®, as well as other medicines used to treat pain, fever, and the symptoms associated with allergies, cold/flu and pain with sleeplessness. Some people accidentally exceed the recommended dose when taking multiple products at the same time, often without realizing they contain acetaminophen or by not reading and following the dosing instructions. Acetaminophen is safe when used as directed, but if you take too much, it could harm your liver.
As the makers of TYLENOL®, we are committed to your safety. GET RELIEF RESPONSIBLY® gives you the facts about responsible pain relief to reduce the risk of accidental acetaminophen overdose while effectively treating your symptoms.
Here’s why it’s so helpful:
- See videos from our medical experts on responsible acetaminophen use
- Use the Medicine Checker tool to find out if your medications contain acetaminophen
- Test your knowledge about pain relief with our quiz
- Learn more about acetaminophen
- Print out dosing instructions and guidelines
- Get answers to frequently asked questions