Children’s TYLENOL® Cold + Cough + Runny Nose Liquid Medicine
Reduces Fever & Relieves Pain, Flu Symptoms, Headache & Sore Throat
Grape flavored liquid to tackle your child’s tough multi-symptom cold by temporarily relieving runny noses and headaches, quieting coughs and reducing fever. Children’s TYLENOL® Cold + Cough + Runny Nose contains acetaminophen.
For children ages 6 to 11 years.
- temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- sneezing and runny nose
- temporarily reduces fever
Active ingredients (in each 5 mL)
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
anhydrous citric acid, D&C red no. 33, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucrose, xanthan gum
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- to make a child sleepy
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- if your child has ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if your child has
- liver disease
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
- marked drowsiness may occur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Do not take more than directed.
See overdose warning
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- shake well before using
- mL = milliliter
- find the right dose on the chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age
- remove the child protective cap and squeeze your child’s dose into the dosing cup
- repeat dose every 4 hours, while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
*or as directed by a doctor
Attention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
Questions + feedback
You can also reference our FAQs
All Fields required, unless otherwise indicated
Will be used as your user name