Trust TYLENOL®, the #1 doctor-recommended brand for pain relief and fever reduction to help you get back to the things you love. Containing 500 mg of acetaminophen, TYLENOL® Extra Strength Caplets help temporarily reduce fever in adults and children 12 years and older, and provide powerful relief of tension headaches, minor back and muscle pain, minor arthritis pain and more.
TYLENOL® Extra Strength Caplets provide effective symptom relief with a formula that is:
- NSAID-, ibuprofen-, naproxen- & aspirin-free
- Sugar- & alcohol-free
For more on how to reduce fevers in adults, read about Adult Fevers: What to Know & How to Treat.
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- minor pain of arthritis
- muscular aches
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- temporarily reduces fever
Acetaminophen 500 mg (in each caplet)
Pain reliever/fever reducer
carnauba wax*, corn starch*, FD&C red no. 40 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, modified starch*, polyethylene glycol*, powdered cellulose, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac, sodium starch glycolate, titanium dioxide
*contains one or more of these ingredients
carnauba wax, crospovidone, FD&C red no. 40 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac glaze, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
This website contains current product information and may differ from the information on the product packaging you may have.
Do not take more than directed.
See overdose warning
adults and children 12 years and over
children under 12 years
ask a doctor
Questions + feedback
You can also reference our FAQs
All Fields required, unless otherwise indicated
Will be used as your user name