TYLENOL® Extra Strength Coated Tablets
For Headache, Muscle Pain & Fever Relief, 500mg Acetaminophen
TYLENOL® Extra Strength Coated Tablets for Adults come in a round tablet form and help temporarily reduce fever and relieve minor aches and pains such as headaches, muscular aches, minor arthritis pain and more. From the #1 doctor-recommended pain relief brand, each extra-strength pain relief coated tablet contains 500 milligrams of acetaminophen and is a safe and effective pain relief option when used as directed.
For adults and children 12 years of age and older.
To learn more about how to effectively and safely reduce fevers in adults, visit our page Adult Fevers: What to Know & How to Treat.
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- minor pain of arthritis
- muscular aches
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- temporarily reduces fever
Acetaminophen 500 mg (in each tablet)
Pain reliever/fever reducer
carnauba wax, FD&C red no. 40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow no. 6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, iron oxide, magnesium stearate, modified starch*, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, powdered cellulose, pregelatinized starch, purified water, sodium starch glycolate, sucralose, titanium dioxide *may contain
carnauba wax, crospovidone, FD&C red no. 40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow no. 6 aluminum lake, ferric oxide black, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, povidone, pregelatinized starch, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, sucralose, titanium dioxide
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
adults and children 12 years and over
children under 12 years
ask a doctor
Questions + feedback
You can also reference our FAQs
All Fields required, unless otherwise indicated
Will be used as your user name